Monday, August 24, 2009

Homage to cars gone by.

My name is Andrew Adams, and this first post is for personal posterity.


My first car was a 1987 Acura Legend, from my Uncle Scott. It was a great first car and I learned a lot from it. it's only problem was having an over-exuberant teen owner who decided to join the high school drag racing team.

After having my two best friends build much faster cars (69 camaro, 67 mustang) I wanted something to keep up and at the same time not be a muscle car.

My first personal project car was a 1990 Nissan 240sx. Bought it sight unseen on ebay and had it shipped to Boise. On its first drive it the ka24e promptly dumped all it's oil and anti-freeze at the Eagle and Fairview intersection in Boise, Chase Newman was there to witness the whole thing. It was towed to the house and shoved in the garage where it wouldn't move for two years while I amased all the parts needed to swap in an sr20det.

About the same time the car was finished I was graduating high school and needed a change. I packed everything and moved to Bozeman, MT. The car was great for the summer but when the Montana winter started to kick in it became painfully obviouse that the car had to go. Alot of learning happened over the course of our 3 years together. From yelling at it at four AM to START! to Canyon Carving on Hyalite Canyon road with Chuck Morris riding shotgun and telling me to drive faster! This would have been fall of 2005.

If any of the pictures look oddly familiar it's because they were taken on the Manhatten Convention grounds.



Sadly the guy I sold it to felt like he needed to drift it in the mall parking lot and wrecked it.




My next car was a 1999 Honda Accord, very very dull car, but also very very practical.
















While living in Italy from September 2007 to July 2008 there was no need to drive, everything was near by (and if not there were trains) but I did get to try out the car that helped to inspire me to study in Italy. The Maserati Birdcage 75th concept by Pininfarina.

No comments:

Post a Comment